Repeater Kits – GPS/Cellular
Rojone has been a leader in GPS repeating systems for many years. Our first commercial low cost system was developed in the early 90’s, refined over the years and is now in huge demand & sold throughout the world.
As a result of our commercial success, we were asked to develop a high performance, reliable L1/L2 system for the RAAF in Australia. This project has been a huge success, with many systems installed Australia wide. These repeaters offer many benefits not only in the maintenance area but keeping aircraft ready for rapid deployment.
L1 Commercial GPS Repeater Kit
The L1 Commercial GPS Repeater Kit is our low cost commercial L1 1575MHz repeater kit. Designed to simply bring GPS signals indoors cost effectively for test labs and vehicle garages, it is ideal for timing applications.
GPS L1/L2 Fixed Repeater System
The GPS L1 L2 Fixed Repeater Systems series was developed as a high performance L1/L2 GPS repeater system for the Australian Air Force. Specifically designed for permanent installation, it overcomes operational difficulties providing reliable dual band coverage anywhere needed.
The system features a highly sensitive active receive antenna capable of tracking satellites down to 5 degrees elevation, efficient TX antenna over 100dB RF blocking cellular, VHF & UHF radio frequencies. A high performance RF amplifier with high rejection filters for both L1 and L2. The repeater incorporates its own 110-240VAC power supply for quick & easy set up.
Portable, Compact L1/L2 Portable GPS Repeater System
Designed for the military however ideal for a range of Applications. This portable system was designed for rapid deployment, the system can be set up in under 20 minutes to provide L1/L2 GPS coverage to a variety of military & civilian vehicles including aircraft while under cover or inside hangars.
This self-contained system, weighs no more than 38 Kgs. The IP65 rated military designed case contains all the system Components to provide quick & reliable L1/L2 GPS coverage for up to 15 meters in radius.
The ROJ-140 system features a highly sensitive active receive antenna capable of tracking satellites down to 5 degrees elevation. It incorporates high performance RF amplifiers with high rejection filters for both L1 & L2. It boosts efficient TX Antenna, over 100dB RF blocking cellular, VHF & UHF radio Frequencies. Truly portable, it operates on battery power or can be connected Mains power and features auto power supply detection & low battery alarm.
Mobile L1/L2 GPS Repeater System – for Armoured Personnel Carriers (APC) Military Applications
Rojone has recently added a New Mobile L1/L2 GPS Repeater product to its already extensive family of commercial and military systems. The ROJ-150A kit is specifically designed for troop carrying mobile platforms such as APC’s (Armoured Personnel Carriers).
The ROJ-150 system, when installed, will re-transmit the GPS L1/L2 band signals within the enclosed vehicle to provide adequate coverage to maintain personal GPS receivers on equipment and man packs.
Cellular Repeater CDMA, Next G
Information from ACMA
Mobile phone boosters/amplifiers, regardless of where they are intended to be used by third parties (i.e. not a mobile telecommunications carrier), are a prohibited device and cannot be legally used in Australia.
All radiocommunications transmitters operating in Australia, its territories and its territorial waters do so under the authority of an Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) issued spectrum, apparatus or class license.
A mobile telephone booster/amplifier and/or repeater is a radiocommunications transmitter and therefore can only be operated in Australia under the authority of an ACMA issued radiocommunications license, or with the permission of the current licensees.
- The radio spectrum in which these mobile telephone booster/amplifiers and/or repeaters operate, is exclusively licensed to the mobile telephone carriers (including Telstra, Optus and Vodafone).
- There are no mobile telephone booster/amplifiers and/or repeaters licensed for use in Australia, with the exception of those operated by the mobile telephone carriers who may install and operate these or similar devices as part of their networks under their licenses.
- Third parties cannot be given licenses by the ACMA to operate mobile telephone booster/amplifiers and/or repeaters in this spectrum. You would need the permission of the licensees (the mobile telephone carriers.
There have been several instances where mobile telephone booster/amplifiers and/or repeaters have been imported into Australia from overseas and the subsequent use has resulted in interference to mobile telephone networks. ACMA has seized several of these devices and appropriate compliance enforcement action was taken under the Radiocommunications Act 1992.
Severe criminal penalties, including court imposed penalties up to $165,000.00 or 2 years imprisonment, exist under the Radiocommunications Act 1992 for the unlawful possession of and/or the use of these devices. Telecommunications carriers may also initiate civil legal action against users for any losses suffered due to the use of these devices the users may subsequently be able to take civil action against the suppliers.
Summary of mobile phone booster prohibition
You cannot legally use a booster or repeater for better mobile phone reception.
- A booster or repeater is classed as a transmitter.
- You need a licence to operate a transmitter.
- The booster would be re-transmitting in the same radio frequency spectrum covered by the Spectrum licences owned by the mobile service providers (the Carriers).
- You cannot legally transmit in the frequencies allocated to the carriers by their licences, without their permission.
Mobile phone boosters banned – Information for consumers:
Contact your mobile carrier (you mobile phone service provider) to ascertain if they are able to offer you any alternatives, or:
You might find the following alternatives suggested if you were to search on-line for solutions and information, depending on which is most suitable for your phone and situation:
- install a “car kit” for your home, or
- install an external antenna which is cable connected inside either directly to connector on the phone or via an inductive coupler if your phone is without provision for connection of an external antenna, or
- install a passive indoor antenna. Pick up some coaxial cable (enough to go from the outside of your home to the inside) and two antennas with coaxial connections from your nearest electronics store. Place your outside antenna in a location with a strong signal and run the cable into your home. Try running your cable through a window at first to make sure the passive antenna will help improve signal strength before you drill into your home. After connecting both the outdoor and indoor antennas check your signal strength, as it should be improved at this time.
You may still need to check with your Carrier or Service Provider (i.e. Telstra, Optus, 3, Vodafone, Virgin etc) to verify that these suggestions are acceptable under their Spectrum Licence conditions.
Rojone – GPS Product Guide
Rojone has a full range of GPS products, to download a copy of our GPS catalogue click on the link below.